Tuesday, August 11, 2009

August 11 Update

Friends, I was privileged today to have a lunch date with Mr. Scott. He called and asked me to bring some things to him for his speech therapist, and he says when they get through some job cost reports , he’ll graduate from speech therapy!

Don looks really good with his weight loss, new hair style and groomed brows. He looks rested and his color is great. You’d almost think he’s been on vacation.

Blackberry at hand, he is sending and receiving a few emails.

Don has been approved to stay in the Rehab hospital until August 18 with a re-evaluation to occur then. He was up on the walker this morning. He said he was unable to walk on it yet, but that is his goal before leaving there.

As you know, construction is everywhere on the Wake Medical Center campus, and Craig Cahoon had asked that Don be his on-site representative. Craig, he said to tell you that he’s got everything under control!

Because I know you also will be reading this, Don, I will tell you that when I left from our visit in June, I was crying but never without hope. Today, I am filled with tears of gratitude and a big grin across my face. I know everything is going to be okay.

Thanks be to God.

Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment